Policy & Limits of LiabilityCOMPANY POLICIES
1. We do require a 72 hour advance notification to cancel your scheduled move in order to receive full $75.00 deposit refund.
2. Rates have a 2 hour minimum with 15 min. increment charge and a one time travel fee. Hourly rate includes movers, box truck, equipment with basic insurance and does not carry any other fees.
3. The customer or a representative must be present during the move and final “walk through”. We need your guidance! It is customer’s responsibility to do a final “walk-through” of the premises to ensure we have taken all items.
4. You must pay in full at the completion of job. Method of payments: cash, check, credit card (visa/mastercard/discover/american express). Please note: we do not accept checks without drivers license. For credit card payment your name and the name on the credit card should match. You will be asked to sign for credit card payment.
5. If the move requires work other than the job description, AM Moving Company reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work. In order to make our schedule on time for the next move, we reserve the right to postpone additionally requested services till our next availability and/or after completion of other jobs that day.
6. We do not move grand pianos, recommend hiring professional piano movers. We can move small upright pianos when there are three steps or a short flight that is not longer than the measurement equal to the length of the piano.
7. AM Moving Company will not move items that we feel are unsanitary conditions or unsafe.
8. For safety reasons, small children and pets must be out of work area.
9. We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. AM Moving Company will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
10. AM Moving Company will move no flammables or hazardous material due to safety laws.
11. Simulated wood products and pressed board have poor structural integrity which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture.
12. Damage claims must be noted on the contract at the completion of move. We ask you to report any and all claims within 3 days of your move. Please email description and photos of all damages to claim @ email@example.com.
1. The condition of any item(s) boxed by customer are not insured by AM Moving Company and is the responsibility of the customer.
2. AM Moving Company shall in no way be responsible for the working condition of electronic equipment, grandfather clocks, or any other piece of mechanical equipment.
3. The right is reserved by AM Moving Company to repair or replace any damaged item(s).
4. AM Moving Company will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
5. AM Moving Company shall not be responsible for damage to accounts, bills, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, mechanical drawings, securities, currency, money, bullion, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables, paintings, statuary, or other works of art; or property carried gratuitously or as an accommodation. The process of removing drawers must be done in the presence of the customer or their agent.
6. AM Moving Company shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated such as but not limited to lamp shades, mattresses, electrical wiring, etc.
7. AM Moving Company shall not be responsible for plants or pets.
8. AM Moving Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer’s own vehicle or truck rental services and which AM Moving Company did not transport.
9. AM Moving Company may use dollies to move heavy objects such as but not limited to pianos, appliances, items over 300 lbs., etc. Any floor surfaces including but not limited to parquet, hardwood, ceramic, marble, entrance halls, etc. and any damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of AM Moving Company.
10. AM Moving Company will disconnect and reconnect appliances such as washer/dryer or refrigerator etc. . You or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only (WE ARE NOT PLUMBERS). Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user. AM Moving Company is not responsible for damage to plumbing, electrical systems, or water damage associated with the connection or disconnection of appliances.
11. AM Moving Company cannot be responsible for the working condition of major appliances. Please empty the freezers/refrigerators contents for safe moving. We are happy to load these last and unload them first.
12. AM Moving Company will not repair pressed board or simulated wood furniture. Much of the budget priced furniture today is made from a pressed wood or wood byproduct material w/ a photograph of woodgrain attached. This type of material is not structurally strong, especially if it has screws. It is not repairable and we have seen it crumble from the smallest vibrations riding in a truck across town. We will do our best to move it successfully for you.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site.
All content appearing on this Web site is the property of AM Moving Company Copyright © 2012-2016. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents on this Web site so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice: Copyright © 2012-2016 AM Moving Company. All rights reserved.
All brand, product, service, and process names appearing on this Web site are trademarks of their respective holders. Reference to or use of a product, service, or process does not imply recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of that product, service, or process by AM Moving Company. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of AM Moving Company or any third party, except as expressly granted herein.
Use Of Site
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. AM Moving Company and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if AM Moving Company believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of AM Moving Company and its subsidiaries.